On September 14, Respawn Entertainment is releasing an update adding a town takeover, new limited-time cosmetics, and a new Heirloom.
Ramparts Town takeover, Big Maude
The town takeover this season features Rampart, inside there’ll be ways to purchase paintball weapons fully kitted at different tiers. To get these new paintball weapons you’ll need to collect a lot of materials to purchase them from the new Vend-it machines found inside Big Maude. In the front of the POI, there is a paintball course for when the fighting is getting to close quarters. In the patch notes, the Devs mentioned looking out for more lore around Big Maude.
This takeover also affects Arenas. Rampart has a special deal offering certain modded weapons at a discount for materials. These deals will rotate from weapon to weapon, check which ones are viable before going in a match to get the advantage over the enemy. There will also be free rewards during this event giving you stat trackers, one Legend skin, and weapon skins.
The Problem solver, Ramparts new Heirloom
During some collection events, Respawn releases new Heirlooms to their different characters, this event gives Rampart the Problem solver. This Heirloom is a pipe wrench with a gumball dispenser on the bottom. A new Heirloom means new lore. This is a way for Respawn to tell more of Rampart’s story.
Collection event skins
This collection event features new limited-time skins for certain characters. In the trailer, we saw new skins for Wraith, Fuse, Pathfinder, Octane, Rampart, Bangalore, and Lifeline. These are the legendary skins, most likely there will be two epic skins part of the event. Completing the collection will reward you with Ramparts Heirloom. And some Fan-favorite skins that will be returning in bundles. The Centurion Bundle(Bloodhound), Imperial Defender Bundle(Gibraltar), and Relic of death Bundle(Revenant) will be available from September 14 to September 21. While the Necrosis Bundle(Caustic), Whitelisted Bundle(Crypto), and Outlands Explorer Bundle(Wattson) will last from September 21 to September 28.
Character, Weapon, and Quality of life updates
This update allows Respawn to nerf or buff certain characters and weapons. Here are all the updates for the Evolution Collection event.
- Shelia can now be carried.
- Longer spin uptime while being carried and only one magazine to reload.
- Once Shelia is taken out, you can put it away and take it back out until you run out of ammo.
- When Shelia is out you can place it down at any time to gain infinite reloads and let your teammates use it. You can not pick it back up.
- VFX (Similar to the pulse on Loba ult placement) added to increase visibility for when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10%-15%
- Reduced the rate of Octane’s Stim regen from 1.5 to 1.0 hp/sec
- When Bloodhound pings a clue from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quick chat how long ago the event took place.
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0.56 to 0.54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Reduced hip fire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
Shatter Caps – Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased across all draw strengths
- Short draw damage 4 to 6
- Medium draw damage 7 to 9
- Full draw damage 11 to 12
Shatter Caps – 30-30 Repeater
- ADS Strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are enabled
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
- Cool-off time slightly increased
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Rounds before overheat reduced at base and all Energy Magazine tiers
- Base: 22 to 20
- White: 24 to 22
- Blue: 26 to 24
- Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arenas price adjustments:
- Base: 500 to 600
- Blue: 300 to 250
- Purple: 400 to 350
- EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
- ADS charge time decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
Quality of life updates to better improve gameplay
- Shortened the out-of-bounds timer from 30 seconds to 15
- Your timer should reset after being respawned
- Swapping from Red to Gold Shield with more health no longer requires a long press
- Evo shields in death boxes now show their health
- Early Leaver warning has been improved to help people from accidentally leaving before their party is dead
- You now need to hold the confirm button down for a small amount of time
- The highlighting is different colored than other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your leaving penalty added
- Added character portraits to “detected ” widget for recon characters
All these Updates will go live on September 14. Are you excited about this update? If so leave a comment down below.
Like the content I make? here’s a link to my twitch channel Scorpion_Swords I stream every Sunday at 12:00 p.m.